The Ground Beneath It All
The Ground Beneath It All
I’ve written about a number of things now. Walking. Naturism. Solitude. Connection. Even patterns and the way they seem to show up in places you wouldn’t necessarily expect. On the surface, they might seem like separate ideas. Different topics, different reflections. But underneath them, there is something consistent.
Something that ties it all together.
I don’t follow a structured belief system. There isn’t a set of rules I work from, or a framework I try to fit myself into. If anything, I’ve always found myself moving away from things that try to define too rigidly what something is supposed to mean. Not because I reject everything outright, but because experience has always felt more real than explanation.
That’s where everything begins for me.
Not in theory. Not in instruction. But in direct experience.
Walking barefoot through the woods. Feeling the ground beneath my feet. Being in a space where there is no expectation to be anything other than present. There is something about that which strips things back. Removes layers. Not in a dramatic way, but quietly. Gradually. Until what is left feels more honest.
The same could be said for being naked. Not as a statement, and not as something to be seen, but simply as a return to what is natural. There’s a difference between being observed and simply existing. And when that distinction becomes clear, something shifts. It becomes less about how things appear, and more about how they are experienced.
Over time, I’ve started to notice that these experiences are not isolated. They are connected in ways that are not always obvious at first, but become clearer the more you pay attention. Not as a fixed system, but as something that reveals itself gradually.
Patterns.
Not imposed patterns, but ones that seem to exist whether you look for them or not. The way certain feelings return. The way certain places draw you back. The way experiences repeat, but never in exactly the same way.
It’s not a circle. It doesn’t loop back to the same point unchanged.
It spirals.
That’s the closest way I can describe it. A spiral path. Returning, but deepening. Revisiting, but from a different place. The same shape, but not the same experience. It’s something I’ve come to recognise in my own life, and once you see it, it’s difficult to unsee.
And alongside that, there’s something else.
Nothing exists in isolation.
The more I pay attention, the more it becomes clear that everything sits within something larger. Not as separate pieces, but as part of an ongoing relationship. One thing influencing another. Movement in one place echoing somewhere else. Not in a way that needs to be explained or mapped out, but in a way that can be felt. A living web.
Not something constructed. Not something theoretical. But something experienced directly. The sense that you are not separate from the world around you, but part of it. Not above it, not outside of it, but within it.
And within that, meaning doesn’t come from being told what something is. It comes from recognising it.
That’s something I’ve come back to again and again.
Recognition.
Not being given answers, but noticing something that already feels true. Whether that shows up in nature, in experience, or even in something like a natal chart, the source matters less than the recognition itself.
The pattern exists first. The explanation comes after.
That doesn’t make every explanation true. But it does mean that meaning isn’t dependent on the explanation.
It’s dependent on whether it resonates.
And that’s where I find myself.
Not following a path laid out by someone else. Not rejecting everything outright either. But walking something that feels more instinctive. More grounded. More real.
A path that isn’t straight.
A path that doesn’t try to arrive anywhere final.
A path that moves.
Spirals.
Connects.
And reveals itself, not all at once, but gradually, through experience.
That, for me, is the ground beneath it all.
Comments
Post a Comment